Seed of Destiny Daily Devotional 23-12-18
Sunday 23rd December 2018
SCRIPTURE: For thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield. Psalm 5:12
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: You cannot be a worshipper and be powerless. You cannot be a praiser and be a weakling.
From our anchor scripture, it is confirmed that praise is key to the anointing. When you praise God for what He has done for you, it secures, validates, stabilises, establishes, authenticates and seals that miracle. When you thank God for what you expect or what was prophesied; it becomes an action of faith that moves God into action for greater manifestations.
What are the outcomes of praise?
1. The Release of Power: When we praise God, the Hand of God is released in power. You cannot be a worshipper and be powerless. You cannot be a praiser and be a weakling (2Kings 3:15).
2. The Release of Supplies: The Hand of God is released in supplies. Your supplies are released to you by the Hand of God when you praise Him (Psalm 67:5-7).
3. The Voice of God and Divine Direction: Praise releases the Voice of God, and the Voice of God is the Voice of direction (2Kings 3:15-17).
4. The Empowerment of the Voice of Man: Praise empowers the voice of man. Your praise to God empowers your voice such that when you speak, things happen (2Kings 3:17).
What are the keys to effective praise and worship?
1. Focus on God. To praise God acceptably, you must refuse to be distracted by your needs and challenges. You must focus on God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength (Mark 12:29-31).
2. The Attitude of Gratitude: Praise God with gratitude. Identify the things God has done in your life and praise Him (Psalm 100:4).
3. Purity and Uprightness of Heart: Praise God in purity and uprightness of heart (Psalm 29:2).
Beloved, my counsel is, praise God in the beauty of holiness and you would see the Hand of God.
REMEMBER THIS: You cannot be a worshipper and be powerless. You cannot be a praiser and be a weakling.
1. Make praise a lifestyle.
2. Be focused on what God has done for You and praise Him for what He is yet to do.
PRAYER: O Lord, I will praise You at all times. I ask for the grace to stand in uprightness. Remove from my life every distraction that would hinder my praise to You, Lord in Jesus’ Name.
QUOTE: victims of depression are never candidates of oppression. Culled from 30 SECRETS TO THE TOP by Dr Paul Enenche.
DAILY BIBLE READING: 2 Chronicles 8:11 to 10:19, Romans 8: 9 to 25, Psalm 18:16 to 36, Proverbs 19:26.
AMAZING FACT: A human body has 60,000 miles of blood vessels. In comparison, the Earth’s circumference is only 25,000 miles.
TODAY IN HISTORY: 23/12/1672: Giovanni Cassini discovered a moon of the planet Saturn (Rhea).
Source: Seed of Destiny Daily Devotional