Growing in Gods Wisdom-CAC Devotional
THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Friday, February 22, 2019
TOPIC: GROWING IN GOD’S WISDOM
Read: Luke 2:40-52
MEMORISE: And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men (Luke 2:52).
One of the characteristics of living organism is growth. When you are alive physically and spiritually, you are expected to grow in God wisdom. If your growth in the wisdom of God stops, your ability to live a successful life in all ramifications stops along with it. Christ Jesus is our prototype in growing in the wisdom of God. He started to grow in wisdom since His very early childhood. Eventually, He became the embodiment of the wisdom of God that he has eternally been (1 Cor. 1:24,30). If Christ could grow in wisdom, you can do it with the help of the Holy Spirit.
In the biblical sense, wisdom is the ability to judge correctly and to follow the best course of actions, based on understanding and knowledge (Prov. 24:3). It is the ability to discern or judge what is true, right or lasting. It is the skill to live life from God’s perspective. It is the ability to interpret situations in God’s way. Godly wisdom has to do with knowing how to apply biblical truth to a particular situation in life. It is important to have the wisdom of God and grow in it, because it is a powerful tool to fulfil life’s purpose (Acts 7:10). It makes life easier to live and secures a bright future for he who has it (Eccl. 9:16,18; 24:13-14). It brings success and adds values to one’s life (Prov. 24:3; Eccl. 10:10). Above all, it is the power behind living the right life in relation to God and men. How can you grow in wisdom?
1. Grow in Spirit. The Spirit interprets spiritual things to spiritual people (1 Cor. 2:11-16).
2. Grow in applied knowledge. When you put time and energy to study the bible, attend seminars and conferences, and make yourself a life-long learner, you will grow in wisdom (2 Tim. 3:14-17).
3. By obeying God; keeping His commands (Prov. 8:32).
4. Practice genuine humility (Prov. 11:2; 1 Pet. 5:5-6; Col. 2:18).
Humble yourself under His discipline and correction (Prov. 29:15; Heb. 12:11).
1. Lord, grant me wisdom for living and winning in life.
2. Father, I ask for sufficient grace in wisdom everyday of my life, in Jesus’ name.
3. Pray for our students in higher institutions of learning that God would give them wisdom to stand out in flying colours.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Leviticus 20:10 – 22:22; Mark 3:1 – 3:22