Facts About The Covenant by Rev. Olusola Areogun
Spirit Meat Daily Devotional
FACTS ABOUT THE COVENANT
Job 31:1, Hebrews 8:6
Today, I want to give you certain facts about the covenant.
- The covenant is for crisis and contradictory times and seasons, not for normal times. If you have a tenancy agreement with your landlord, you don’t bother about it when things are okay, but when there is a disturbing situation, you pull the agreement.
- The covenant enlarges you beyond yourself. If it is a righteous covenant, it adds to and multiplies you. If it is a negative demonic covenant, it reduces you somewhere.
- A covenant will bring obligations and responsibilities on both parties. This also means you cannot cut a covenant with yourself, though you can with members of your body (Job 31:1).
- A covenant will require explanation to be understood and enjoyed. Understanding must be supplied for it to be enjoyed. You can be in a covenant and live as though you are a stranger to it, just like a man that can read but does not read is no different from a man that cannot read.
- The covenant gives you a standing for sureness in yourself in the given situation. Just like in marriage, a marriage covenant with your wife assures her that she is different from every other woman.
- The covenant is never for the fun of it. It is always for very clearly spelt out reasons and purposes. In the covenant, you must recognize that there will be things expected of you and things expected of the other person.
- The covenant is binding on both parties. You cannot reject a covenant call once you enter it.
PRAYER: Holy Spirit, take me on a journey in the covenant. Help me to live a fully covenant compliant life. Amen!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 26:1-27:21, Matthew 25:1-30, Psalm 31:1-8, Proverbs 8:1-11