DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL
MONDAY MARCH 11, 2019
TEXT: Psalm 19:7-14
7. The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
8. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9. The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever; the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
10. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
11. Moreover by them is thy servant warned; and in keeping of them there is great reward.
12. Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.
13. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me; then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
14. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
“The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.” – (Psalm 19:7).
Hakeem belonged to another religion. He recalls with joy the day a friend invited him to the church. He had failed on many occasions to honour the invitation, but one day due to the persistent pressure from his friend, he went. “The preacher descended on me” he said. “Everything I was doing was what he talked about in his message”. He became angry and upset and went to him after the message and asked him why he should use him for his preaching. But he said, “I am sorry my brother, I have never met you or known you before. The word you just heard is from God and I am only being used of Him to speak His mind”. I then asked him to pray for me and he did; that’s how I became a Christian”.
The word of God is described with various synonyms as the law, the testimony, the statutes, the commandment, judgement, etc. It shows in various works – in converting the soul, giving wisdom to man, in rejoicing the heart, enlightening the eyes and enduring forever. It warns the believer against sinning and there is great reward in keeping them.
Efficacy of the Word by Pastor W.F Kumuyi
The Word is God’s greatest treasure. He honors it more than His name. All things were created by the Word. The Word is spirit and life. It is a discerner of the intents of the heart. It gives eternal life. It is truth. It is fire and hammer that breaks the rock in pieces. It is health and medicine to the flesh. Faith comes by the Word.
The Word of God is the life of the believer. No wonder, a man of God counselled that all the true believers must “go with the Word, walk the Word, believe the Word, teach the Word, preach the Word, talk the Word, think the Word and act the Word”. That’s the only way to a truly victorious Christian life.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: God’s word is the tonic that sustains life.
THE BIBLE IN A YEAR: Numbers 11-13
Source: Daily Manna Devotional