Open Heaven Daily Devotional Guide by Pastor E . A Adeboye
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
DATE: SATURDAY, 19TH MARCH, 2022.
THEME: THE VERY LAST DAY 1
MEMORISE: Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
READ: Isaiah 13:6-11
- Howl ye; for the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.
- Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man’s heart shall melt;
- And they shall be afraid; pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth; they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.
- Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate; and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
- For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light; the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
- And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 14 – 16
Then shall two be in the field; then one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; then one shall be taken, and the other left. Matthew 24:40-41
On that very last day, many will lose their friends. Husbands will be separated from their wives. Some mothers will be separated from their children. One will go on to heaven while the other will remain. That fellow who has been preaching to you to live a holy life will no longer be there to preach to you, he or she would have been raptured. I also will no longer be here and that year will be the last year that this Open Heavens Devotional will be published.
Beloved, surrender your life to Christ now and live holy so that you will not be left behind on that day. From that day on, all these things that you chase – money, houses, cars, fame, marriage and so on will be of no relevance. The only thing that will matter is whether you are in heaven with Christ or on earth with the Anti-Christ. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
“And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity, and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.Isaiah 13:11
For those of us who will go to heaven, weeping will end permanently that day (Revelation 21:4). The world may be mocking us for living holy now. They may seem to be enjoying life now, but that very last day is coming when the sorrows of everyone who had not surrendered to the Lordship of Christ will begin. On that day, in the parts of the world where it will be daytime, the sun will not shine its light. Where it is night, the moon will be darkened. The punishment of sinners would then start. Oh, I hope you will not be around to experience the punishment that will come after rapture. I can assure you that you would wish you had given your life to Christ.
Put aside all the cares of this world that are hindering you from living holy now; they will no longer matter on that day. I pray you make it to heaven in Jesus’ name.
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. Matt 24:42
HYMN 6: HO! MY COMRADES, SEE THE SIGNAL
- Ho, my comrades, see the signal,
Waving in the sky!
Reinforcements now appearing,
Victory is nigh.
“Hold the fort, for I am coming,”
Jesus signals still;
Wave the answer back to heaven,
“By Thy grace we will.”
- See the mighty host advancing,
Satan leading on,
Mighty ones around us falling,
Courage almost gone!
- See the glorious banner waving,
Hear the trumpet blow!
In our Leader’s Name we triumph
Over every foe.
- Fierce and long the battle rages,
But our help is near,
Onward comes our great Commander,
Cheer, my comrades, cheer!