CAC Living Water Daily Devotional Guide
THE LIVING WATER
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Saturday, February 5, 2022.
TOPIC: GOD IS GOOD IN ALL SITUATIONS
Read Psalm 36:5-9
5 Your mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
6 Your righteousness is like the great mountains; Your judgments are a great deep; O LORD, You preserve man and beast.
7 How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.
8 They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house, And You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures.
9 For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light.
Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever (Psalms 118:1)
Theodicy is simply the defence of God’s goodness. It is an argument put in place to defend the goodness of God, notwithstanding the existence of evil. Of course, there is the prevalence of evil in the world. Yet, the goodness of the Lord surpasses whatever evil there is in this world. The Psalmist puts it this way: ‘If it had not been the Lord who was on our side, let Israel now say’ (Psa. 124:1). God’s goodness is matchlessly unquantifiable!
The Living Water dose for today appreciates the mercifulness and loving-kindness of God. In deed, the Lord is good and His mercy endures forever. If one feels that God has not demonstrated His goodness towards him/her, he/she needs cross-examination; something seems wrong with the spiritual antenna and sensitivity. God is good and loving in all dealings with man, despite that man has always been undeserving. Even in man’s frailty and imperfection, God has remained faithful, loving and merciful. How else can we explain how God put it upon Himself to dig man out of the pit of hell when man fell, instead of just replacing him with another creature (cf. Rom. 5:6ff)?
Here are some of the findings of the Psalmist about God’s goodness:
- God’s mercy and faithfulness reach to the heavens (Psa. 36:5). They are beyond measure.
- That God’s righteousness is like the great mountains talks about its bigness. ‘His judgements are great deep’ (line 6). Through these, God safeguards and preserves man, especially His own.
- The loving-kindness of God is so precious that man can ‘put their trust under the shadow of His wings’ (line 7).
God is the Fountain of Life, from which we can drink to satisfaction, and in His light, we see in this world of darkness (line 8,9). So, regardless of whatever situation you find yourself, always declare with faith, “God is good” (cf. Jer. 29:11; Rom. 8:28).
- Lord, I testify of Your goodness to the whole essence of my being.
- Lord, help me to remain faithful to You, so that I will continue enjoying Your goodness, always, throughout the day of my life.
- Lord, help this nation to key into Your good and glorious agenda, so that You do not visit Your wrath on us.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Leviticus 11 – 13