Dealing With Wounded Spirits by Rev Olusola Areogun
Spirit Meat Daily Devotional
Wednesday 28th April, 2021
DEALING WITH WOUNDED SPIRITS
– Proverbs 18:14
The foundation of man’s earthly existence is his spirit life and condition. Many people are in serious problems because their spirit man has been injured in life situations. Today, I will highlight some manifestations of wounded spirits:
1. A poor self-image that persists even after being born again and filled with the spirit (An example is Moses)
2. A contentious personality that spreads strife and trouble everywhere.
3. A manifest spirit of fear and cowardice.
4. Problems in relationships – inability to enter and maintain healthy relationships.
5. Inability to flow in the things of the Holy Spirit – dullness of perception in the spirit, hindered hearing of the voice of God, inability to maintain focus in the spirit.
6. Lack of peace within and without.
7. Inability to break forth into your prophetic destiny.
8. Unexplainable infirmities of the soul and body.
9. Pride, arrogance, dominating personality.
10. Always living with a desire to prove a point, comparing yourself with others, very competitive; if you are not number one, you are not okay.
11. Lack of true honesty. Always covering things up, keeping secrets unusually, pretence, etc.
If you are manifesting any of these traits, it is pointing to the fact that you are carrying wounds in your spirit. A wounded spirit cannot hear God, a wounded spirit cannot bring any form of profiting into the life of a believer, but the good news is that there is healing for wounded spirits.
There are two prescribed biblical cures for wounds in the spirit. These are forgiveness and reconciliation, and we will take a look at them from tomorrow.
PRAYER: Holy Spirit, highlight any area where I am carrying wounds in my spirit and bring complete healing in Jesus’ name!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 8:18-9:21, Luke 23:44-24:12, Psalm 99:1-9, Proverbs 14:9-10